Sex Offender Registry
Oregon Sex Offender Search
Mandatory Reporters of Child Abuse and Neglect
Oregon Rev. Stat. §§ 419B.005; 419B.010 set forth a list of professionals required to report suspected child abuse or neglect (including sexual abuse) to authorities. The list includes medical and mental health care professionals, school employees, peace officers, members of the clergy, certified foster care or child care providers, attorneys, firefighters and emergency medical technicians, employees of organizations providing child-related services or activities, and athletic coaches and trainers.
In addition, any person may voluntarily make a report of suspected child abuse or neglect.
Reports must be made immediately.
Sexual Abuse and Exploitation
Oregon Rev. Stat. § 419B.005 provides that ‘abuse’ means:
- An assault on a child and physical injury to a child that has been caused by other than accidental means, including injury that appears to be at variance with the explanation given of the injury
- Threatened harm to a child that means subjecting a child to a substantial risk of harm to the child’s health or welfare
- Permitting a person under age 18 to enter or remain in or upon premises where methamphetamine is being manufactured
- Unlawful exposure to a controlled substance that subjects a child to a substantial risk of harm to his or her health
The term ‘abuse’ includes:
- Rape of a child, which includes but is not limited to, rape, sodomy, unlawful sexual penetration, and incest
- Sexual abuse as described in chapter 163
- Sexual exploitation, including, but not limited to:
- Contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor
- Conduct that allows, employs, authorizes, permits, induces, or encourages a child to engage in the performing for people to observe, or the photographing, filming, tape recording, or other exhibition that, in whole or in part, depicts sexual conduct or contact, sexual abuse involving a child, or rape of a child
- Allowing, permitting, encouraging, or hiring a child to engage in prostitution