Warning Signs of Child Molestation
- Today, two out of every 10 girls and one out of every 10 boys are victims of a sexual abuser.
- It is estimated that in 80% of child sexual abuse cases, the child is molested by someone who they know and trust.
- Children rarely lie about sexual abuse. If a child reports that they have been abused, it is critical that the claim is not dismissed.
Behavioral Signs of Molestation
- Verbal report of abuse
- Inappropriate sexual knowledge
- Inappropriate sexual behavior
- Bed wetting and nightmares
- Weight changes and changes in appetite
- Self harming
- Shrinking away from physical contact
- Overly protective of siblings
- PTSD Symptoms
- Sleeping & eating disorders
- Psychosomatic symptoms (stomachaches, headaches)
- Problems at school
- Poor hygiene or excessive bathing
- Regressive behaviors
To use this image on your site, please copy and paste the code below
<img alt="Warning Signs of Child Molestation" src="http://www.childmolestationvictim.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Warning-Signs-of-Child-Molestation.png" width="840" /><span style="font-size:75%;">Warning Signs of Child Molestation - A resource by the team at:<a href="http://www.childmolestationvictim.com/">ChildMolestationVictim.com</a></span>