Stephen J. Estey is a founding partner of Estey & Bomberger, LLP. In February of 2012 and 2014, he was named “Trial Attorney of the Year” by the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego for his many record setting, eight figure verdicts and settlements. He has received three Outstanding Trial Lawyer Awards from CASD and was lead counsel in the California Supreme Court Case of Morris v. De La Torre (2005) 36 Cal 4th 260. Steve is an ABOTA member and has an AV-Rating with Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been named Super Lawyer every year since 2008. In addition, he has been included in The National Trial Lawyer’s “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” since 2010 and The Best Lawyers in America since 2011. Finally, Stephen was chosen as a finalist for the Consumer Attorneys of California’s 2010-2011 Consumer Attorney of the Year Award.
Trusted Media Expert
Steve is the nation’s foremost expert on legal issues involving institutional child sexual abuse. A few of his more notable interviews are listed below; find the complete list here.
Steve is a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association, the Presidents Club of California Consumer Attorneys, the California Trial Lawyer Association, San Diego Consumer Attorneys, and the American Bar Association. Steve also teaches trial skills to other attorneys at various seminars throughout the United States, including most recently the annual CAOC Convention in San Francisco and the Melvin Belli Seminar in San Jose, CA.
Specialties: Catastrophic Personal Injury; Automobile Accidents and Injuries; Dog Bites; Institutional Sexual Abuse; Slip and Fall; Products Liability; Construction Accidents; Product Defects; Brain Injury; Truck Accidents; Motorcycle Accidents; Bicycle Accidents; Airplane Crash Litigation; Elder Law; Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect; Insurance Bad Faith; Birth Injuries; and Wrongful Death.
- Bachelor of Science Criminal Justice, San Diego State University, 1989
- Juris Doctor, California Western School of Law, 1992
- United States Supreme Court
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- State of California
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Presidents Club of California Consumer Attorneys
- California Trial Lawyer Association
- California Consumer Attorneys
- San Diego Consumer Attorneys
- San Diego Better Business Bureau
- American Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America